October 1-2, 2016
Dorey Park (Henrico, VA) — Glen Allen (VA) Complex
Schedule & Scores
* PLEASE NOTE: Players written up on the scouting blog were identified by our scouting staff based on the demonstration of notable tool(s) and/or skill(s). While WE DO NOT KEEP STATS, we are watching for standout performers on the mound, at the plate, in the field and on the bases. However, a performance WITHOUT the presence of requisite tool(s) and/or skill(s) IS NOT considered standout — we are looking for players with the tool(s) and/or skill(s) to play beyond the high school level.
14U Participating Teams
|Albermarle Redbirds||Galaxy Red||VA Scappers 02|
|Carolina Elite – Woodard||NC Challengers Renzi||Virgnia Glory '03|
|Elite Fastpitch of Virginia||VA Glory Premier Myers – Mertz||Williamsburg Starz Gold|
|Firecrackers NC Puryear|
- #5 Brooke Spicer- C/OF- Defensively, Brooke has good field presence and displays a strong arm. She is athletic and firm at receiving the ball. Brooke works hard for her pitcher and blocks the ball well. Offensively, Brooke has a strong base and is on-time to contact. She is direct to the ball and displays hard contact.
- #11 Lydia Morris- 1B/3B- Offensively, Lydia is square to the ball and has a good load to engage her lower half. She shows hard, consistent contact and works well with her hips/hands with a firm front side. Defensively, Lydia is efficient with her feet and has good pre pitch movement.
Carolina Elite – Woodard
- #2 Caroline Whitaker- C/OF- Defensively, Caroline is small with a big, aggressive presence behind the plate. She blocks and receives the wall with firm glove work. Offensively, Caroline is a line drive hitter with pop and displays good base running.
- #8 Kyndal Woodard- RHP/OF- Velo: 51- Offensively, Kyndal slaps with controlled footwork and pop with contact. She also gets out of the box quickly. Defensively, Kyndal holds her composure well on the mound and hits her location with consistency. She has good movement on her curve ball for her strike out pitch.
- #25 Caroline White- RHP/1B- Velo: 57-59 In the circle, Caroline throws with strength along with tight spin on her pitches. She is athletic on the mound and has a very calm demeanor. Offensively, Caroline is a power hitter with gap to gap power. She has a strong presence at the plate and hit a DOUBLE during game play.
Elite Fastpitch of Virginia
- #7 Lily Brewton- 1B/3B- Defensively, Lily has good field awareness and displays an athletic presence. Offensively, she has an open stance and is aggressive to the ball with some pop off the bat.
- #16 Trinity Ndemia- RHP/3B- In the circle, Trinity has good movement on her pitches and displays a good change up to keep the hitters off balance at the plate. She shows good tempo and control throughout the game. Offensively, Trinity is strong and has good box presence. She also displays hard contact consistently.
- #23 Rachel Castine- C/SS- Defensively, Rachel has good range at SS and plays through the ball well. She also has a good, strong arm for her position on the field. Offensively, Rachel is a line drive hitter, has an athletic presence in the box, and works the count to her advantage.
Firecrackers NC Puryear
- #9 Chelsea Robertson- C/SS- Pop Time: 2.09- Defensively, Chelsea handles the pitchers with confidence and throws down from her knees well. She also does a good job of gaining control of the game. Offensively, Chelsea makes hard contact and is a line drive hitter. She also is aggressive on the base path.
- #14 Kelsey Mangum- SS/IF- Defensively, Kelsey is athletic, moves well to her backhand side, and has good field awareness. Offensively, Kelsey is quick on the bases.
- #3 Lindsey- 2B- Defensively, Lindsey is very athletic and moves well with a quick reaction off the bat. She has good leadership qualities and carries good body language on the field.
- #27 Hallie Hutson- RHP/OF- Offensively, Hallie is strong with good box presence and has gap to gap power. In the circle, Hallie moves the ball around the zone well with consistency. She changes speeds well to keep the hitters off balance at the plate.
- #3 Cali Hinnant- RHP/1B- Offensively, Cali is very aggressive and has power to the pull side. She displays strong contact and runs the base paths well. Defensively, she has great bag awareness and is a leader on the field. Cali is athletic, vocal, and has good pre pitch movement to the ball.
- #9 Reese Byrd- RHP/SS- In the circle, Reese has good presence and moves the ball around the strike zone with consistency. She has good tempo throughout the game and stays ahead in the count. Reese drives off the mound well and displays a calm, confident appearance. Offensively, Reese shows gap to gap power and consistent, hard contact with the ball. She has good rhythm at the plate and hits with a firm front side.
- #38 Jordyn Greene- C/SS- POP TIME: 1.82 -Behind the plate, Jordyn is very athletic and gains ground when she throws to her target. She has a strong presence and receives the ball with a firm glove. Jordyn is smooth and moves well at all angles. Offensively, Jordyn squares to ball up nicely with smooth rhythm and displays consistent, hard contact.
NC Challengers Renzi
- #7 Karlee Harrington- 1B/C- Defensively, Karlee leads her teams and works well with her pitcher. She receives the ball and sticks the pitches with little movement. Karlee has a strong presence with a quick release, pops out quick on bunts, and blocks well.
- #42 Zoe Russell – IF/OF- Offensively, Zoe has a narrow stance with a medium stride. She is fluid to contact with a strong backside and displays good extension through the ball. Defensively, Zoe puts a firm tag on the runner with confidence. She moves well to her glove side and covers up the middle of the field well. She has a strong, athletic presence and plays through the ball well.
- #44 Kennedy Priest – C/3B- Defensively, Kennedy has quick feet to her backhand side and takes good angles to the ball. She is aggressive with a loud presence on the field to help lead her team. Kennedy has a low, athletic set-up and covers the 5/6 hole with no problem.
VA Glory Premier Myers-Mertz
- #3 Mia Haynes- RHP/3B- Defensively, Mia has a strong base and keeps the ball in front well. She stays low to her backhand side and has a great back hand glove. Mia has a quick reaction off the bat and crashes in quickly on bunts. Offensively, Mia has a slight load and is direct to the ball. She keeps her hand high and smooth to contact. Mia stays inside the ball well and hustles on the base path.
- #5 Jenna Pearson- RHP/3B- Defensively, Jenna has an athletic stance and stays low. She is quick with aggressive footwork. Jenna is light on her feet with quick reaction time and plays through the ball well. In the circle, Jenna also shows a great, relaxed composure.
- #21 Mackenzie Myers- C/SS- Defensively, Mackenzie receives the ball well with firm framing and displays a strong arm with accurate throws to all bases. She takes charge on defense and pops out quick on bunts. Mackenzie has good awareness when runners are on. Offensively, Mackenzie is explosive through the zone with an athletic set up. She works the count well and engages her lower half with good extension.
- #55 Brooke Crouch- OF/2B- Defensively, Brooke moves well to her glove side and is smooth on her feet. She keeps the ball in front and has an accurate arm to her target. Brooke also displays soft hands when fielding the ball.
VA Scrappers 02
- #4 Lexi Powell- C/SS- Defensively, Lexi has good awareness with runners on and an accurate throw to the bases. She has a strong but calm presence behind the plate. Offensively, Lexi is aggressive on the first pitch and takes a short stride to the ball. She is strong on the inside pitch and has a quick reaction on the bases path.
- #6 Katie Currin- 1B/OF- Offensively, Katie goes well with the outside pitch and gets her hands inside on the inside pitch. She hides the bunt really well and has good speed down the line. Defensively, Katie has great range and has a strong, consistent arm. She crashes quick on the bunt and receives the ball firmly at 1st base.
- Olivia Yates- RHP/1B- Offensively, Olivia has good power with a strong presence. She has gap to gap power and works well going with the outside pitch. Olivia has a controlled load and is explosive to the ball. She squares up the ball nicely.
Virginia Glory ’03
- #3 Arianna Prymak- LHP/1B- Offensively, Arianna is a slapper that keeps her hips square and hands high. She works well inside the ball and on the outside corner. Arianna is a line drive hitter with good pop and hides the slap well. Defensively, Arianna has a loud presence on the field and is not afraid to play up to crash on the bunt. She also has a good stride to the ball while receiving the ball at 1st base.
- #13 Alex Phillips- CF/3B- Offensively, Alex keeps her hands close to her body and stays inside the ball well. She has an athletic stance and hustles hard down the line. Defensively, Alex gets to the bag quickly for good coverage. She has an accurate arm and good form on her drop step to the ball.
Williamsburg Starz Gold
- #10 Jewel Wagner- C/IF- Defensively, Jewel has a quick throw back to the pitcher and is not afraid to pick girls off to keep the runners on their toes. She pops out great on bunts, is aggressive with runners on, and holds strong on receiving. Overall, Jewel is very coachable and has a great attitude on the field.
- #27 Emma Lemley- RHP/IF- VELO: 63- In the circle, Emma throws 63 consistently and has a strong presence on the mound. She has good drive off the mound and carries a confident demeanor. Emma has fluid arm action and uses her body well throughout her wind-up. She has great command not he inside corner on right handed hitters.
- #89 Millie Thompson- LHP/1B- Offensively, Millie has an athletic/strong base and drives through the zone well. She barrels the ball up with a smooth swing to contact. Millie has a nice/controlled load and displays a good weight transfer through the ball. She also has smooth footwork and is light on her feet on the base path.
16U Participating Teams
Cape Fear Force Elite
- #5 Olivia Nieto- C/OF- Offensively, Olivia is fast and smart on the base path. She works the count at the plate and is knowledgable about the situations at the plate. Defensively, Olivia tracks the ball and has good range in the gaps. She gets the ball in quickly and gets in position to back up plays.
- #8 Makayla Baker- RHP/OF- Defensively, Makalya is always moving on the pitch and takes good angles to the ball. She has a great arm and fast footwork. Offensively, Makayla attacks the first pitch and has quick hands to the ball. She is a strong hitter and makes great, consistent contact.
Crystal Coast Riptides
- #4 Ashley Caldwell- RHP/3B- Defensively, Ashley has great reaction off the bat and displays a strong arm across the diamond. She plays the line well and her throws are on target consistently. Offensively, Ashley has an athletic stance and lets the ball travel well in the zone. She displayed great, hard contact.
- #10 Sloane Correa- 1B/OF- Offensively, Sloane makes solid contact and is a strong, left-handed hitter. She shows great timing to the ball and has a smooth swing though the zone. Sloane is a solid, line drive hitter that hit a line-drive DOUBLE to the gap during game play.
Elite 16u Etheridge
- #5 Ella Charles- RHP/OF- Defensively, Ella has good momentum towards the ball and has a great reaction off the bat. She works strong to her glove side and stays low throughout fielding the ball. Ella has good footwork and fields the ball in the center of her body.
- #8 Anna Rodriguez- 2B/OF- Defensively, Anna moves well to her glove side and has an athletic set up. She shows good range going back on a ball and displays smooth footwork. Anna fields the ball out in front with a quick release. She also has a strong vocal presence on the field.
- #22 Maya Anderson- RHP/3B- Defensively, Maya has a strong arm and has good range in the 5/6 hole. She charges and plays through the ball well with a quick/short release.
- #30 Tyarra Keller- LF/C- Offensively, Tyarra has a smooth swing through the zone and displays a confidence presence on the field. She has good power with gap to gap power. Tyarra has quick hands with a direct path to the ball and stays on a level path throughout her swing.
- #0- Madison Webb- 3B/1B- Defensively, Madison has an athletic position and attacks the ball well. She is a solid fielder with a strong arm. Offensively, Madison has good bat speed and pop to contact. She is able to hit to all fields and has a strong box presence.
- #3- Bryana Seyez- LF/CF- Offensively, Bryana takes a direct path to the ball and has great speed out of the box. She also can lay a bunt down to help her team if needed. Bryana hit a DOUBLE to the fence during game play.
- #24 Rebecca Yepez- 2B/SS- Defensively, Rebecca has great coverage at 1st on the bunt, and has good range from side to side. Offensively, she has quick hands to the ball and displays a great load. Rebecca is also fast and aggressive on the bases.
Maroon Crush Elite 16u
- #1 Alexis West- CF/OF- Offensively, Alexis is a slapper with great/controlled footwork and quick hands to the ball. She is a line drive hitter that hits well in the 5/6 hole and with knowledge on the base paths. Defensively, Alexis has good range and tracks the ball well with great angles.
- #15 Abigail Wilson- C/OF- POP TIME: 1.9- Defensively, Abigail has a low/athletic set up and blocks well. She calls the game with knowledge and has great communication skills with her team. Offensively, Abigail is a solid HR hitter with great connection at contact. She has a smooth, fluid smooth that displays an athletic presence overall.
- #21 Camila Godoy- C/3B- Defensively, Camila is a great catcher with an athletic set up. She works hard for her pitcher and block well. Camila keeps her pitcher in good spirits and is very talkative to her defense. Offensively, Camila takes good cuts at the plate and jumps at the first pitch. She is a strong hitter and keeps her hands inside the ball. Camila has good extension through the ball to work up the middle of the field well during game play.
PA Ball Hawks
- #20 Elena Rosas- SS/3B- Defensively, Elena is great at tracking the ball and has great vocal skills with her team. She has good pre pitch movement and moves through the ball well. Offensively, Elena has fast bat speed and is very explosive to contact. She also displays good extension through the ball.
PA Poison Gold
- #13 Karly Payne- SS/RHP- Defensively, Karly is always moving and shows her fast footwork. She has a strong arm and has good double play footwork. Offensively, Karly has an athletic stance in the box with quick hands. She battles in the count 3-2 and goes well with the outside pitch.
- #22 Carley Davis- 3B/1B- Defensively, Carley displays great pick off moves and uses her height well to work hard for her pitcher and save wild pitches. Offensively, Carley is athletic and shows hard contact. She displayed solid hits during game play with good barrel control.
Richmond Ruckus 16u Miles
- #6 Bailee Wilmoth- 3B/CF- Defensively, Bailee charges the ball and cover her area well. She is very athletic and displays a strong arm. Bailee has great communication with runners on and is fast on bunt coverage. Offensively, Bailee is a strong hitter and aggressive on the first pitch. She has an athletic stance in the box and battles well at the plate.
- #8 Haley Godfrey – 2B/LF- Offensively, Godfrey has fast hands to the ball and works up the middle well with line drives. She is strong at the plate and has great timing for hard contact. Defensively, Haley has fast footwork and shows great coverage on bunts. She has a strong arm and picks the ball up with her bare hand for the quick out on a slow roller.
VA Glory Bell
- #10 Chloe Stoss- 1B/OF- Offensively, Chloe is a good line drive hitter with spray power. SHe is very consistent and get the job during situational hitting. Chloe has two base hits up the middle and also a solid one to right field.
- #45 Presley Harris- RHP/3B- In the circle, Presley has a nice, smooth delivery. She has an effective rise ball that moves very well. She also displays good composure on the mound throughout the game. Presley keeps the ball low and works the corners to keep the hitters off balance at the plate.
VA Scrappers 16u
- #21 Josie Brewer- RHP/1B- In the circle, Josie has very good movement and displays good spin on her pitches. Offensively, Josie makes great/solid contact and goes with the outside pitch well.
- #26 Leah Harrison- LHP/LF- In the circle, Leah has a nice, tight delivery on each pitch. She hits both side of the plate and hides the ball well throughout her wind-up. Leah also fields her position well when hit to her.
-NO ROSTER SUBMITTED
- #4 Caroline Quigley- OF/2B- Offensively, Caroline is a slapper and is very fast out of the box. She is a patient hitter and has good barrel control at contact.
- #6 April Hooper- CF- Offensively, April is aggressive at the plate and has great pitch selection. She has athletic form and a smooth, on-plane swing. Defensively, April has good pre pitch movement and shows great footwork. She backs up the throws well and has an accurate arm to her target.
- #8 Jaelyn Marshall- 1B/LHP- Defensively, Jaelyn is quick on the bunt coverage and has great communication with the second baseman. She has great reange from side to side and shows a good stretch when the ball is thrown her way. Offensivley, Jaelyn is a great hitter is situations and can also lay a bunt down to help her team when needed. She has a smooth swing through the zone and makes hard contact on a full count.
Virginia Unity – Parker
- #1 Lindsey Slaughter- 2B/3B- Defensively, Lindsey has great range to her backhand and good footwork overall. She also have good pre pitch movement to the ball. Offensively, Lindsey puts the ball in play consistently and does a great job moving runners over in situations. Lindsey gets the bunt down when asked and is fast out of the box.
- #15 Makayla Herndon- OF/3B- Offensively, Makayla is a solid hitter with great base running. She keeps her hands inside the ball and works up the middle of the field. Defensively, Makayla has an athletic stance and is a strong/aggressive 3rd baseman.
Virginia Unity 16u
- #5 Samantha Tillman- 2B/OF- Defensively, Samantha has good fielding mechanics and handles cut-off situations well. She communicates clearly with her defense and helps lead her team. Samantha adjusts and anticipates where she needs to be to adjust to the hitters.
18U Participating Teams
|Fauquier Freeze 16u||Richmond Storm||Virginia Glory – Mertz|
|Firebirds 18u Elite||Stafford Black Hawks||Virginia Legacy Elite|
|Maroon Crush||SYA Xplosion||Virginia Legends (Blue Ridge)|
|Richmond Ruckus||Teams Elite/VA|
Fauquier Freeze 16u
- #17 Makayla Austin- SS/IF- Defensively, Makayla does a great job behind the plate and in the middle infield. She has an athletic presence and receives the ball well. Offensively, Makayla has a smooth swing and keeps her hands in nice to hit the inside pitch.
Firebirds 18u Elite
- #13 Samantha Patrick- C/3B- Offensively, Samantha has good power and shows a strong presence at the plate. She is explosive and makes solid contact with a nice/fluid swing. Samantha hit a HOMERUN to straight away center during game play.
-NO ROSTER SUBMITTED
-NO ROSTER SUBMITTED
Stafford Black Hawks
- #3 Madison Marsden- C/2B- Defensively, Madison tracks the ball well and takes great angles to the ball. She covers ground and has great speed/awareness to get behind/back-up plays. Madison also displays a strong arm and hits her cut-off with consistency.
- #5 Hailey Marsden- SS/2B- Defensively, Hailey has great footwork and is able to make the play after she dives. She covers a lot of ground and works hard on each play. Offensively, Hailey is a great bunter and hides it well until the last minute.
-NO ROSTER SUBMITTED
-NO ROSTER SUBMITTED
Virginia Glory – Mertz
- #1 Caitlin Myers- C- Offensively, Caitlin has good power with a short, compact swing. She has a smooth/fluid swing with a direct path to the ball. Overall, Caitlin has great leadership qualities that stand out of the field and helps her team be successful.
- #15 Arizona Ritchie- SS- Defensively, Arizona has good range and lateral quickness. She had good clean hands with smooth glove work. Arizona attacks the balls and plays through with smooth footwork. She is a very consistent player.
- #32 Kathryn Sandercock- RHP/1B- VELO: 64-66- In the circle, Kathryn shows great command on all of her pitches and has a confident presence throughout the game. She goes right at each hitter with consistent locations and great spin of each pitch. Kathryn pushes well off the mound has good fluid movement.
- #99 Kaitlin Beasley-Polko- RHP/1B- VELO: 63-64- In the circle, Kaitlin has a great, effective rise along with great movement on all of her pitches. She also shows great command of her pitches and controls the game well.
Virginia Legacy Elite
- #28 Daja Burgee- C/3B- POP TIME: 1.8- Defensively, Daja has an athletic set up with proper form. She blocks fast and takes charge on the field. Daja has a strong arm and makes great/accurate throws from her knees. Offensively, Daja is a strong hitter and attacks the first pitch. She has great bat control and quick bat speed.
Virginia Legends (Blue Ridge)
- #1 Lacey Beale- CF/C- Offensively, Lacey is a slapper with controlled footwork with direct/downward hand path to the ball. She deadens the bunt well to her advantage. Lacey also has good speed out of the box and battles well at the plate.