October 8-9, 2016
Heritage Yards — Plano, TX
Schedule & Scores
* PLEASE NOTE: Players written up on the scouting blog were identified by our scouting staff based on the demonstration of notable tool(s) and/or skill(s). While WE DO NOT KEEP STATS, we are watching for standout performers on the mound, at the plate, in the field and on the bases. However, a performance WITHOUT the presence of requisite tool(s) and/or skill(s) IS NOT considered standout — we are looking for players with the tool(s) and/or skill(s) to play beyond the high school level.
14U Participating Teams
|American Freedom Taylor||Impact Gold DFW||Team Mizuno Impulse '20 – Brochu|
|Central Texas Dirty Diamonds||Impact Gold DFW Parker||Texas Bombers CTX Ayala|
|Firecrackers WTX Fortner||Lethal Weapon – Gomez||Texas Elite Miller Gold|
American Freedom Taylor
- #1 Emma Baker- LF/SS- Offensively, Emma displays a confidence appearance and makes solid contact consistently. She drives the ball hard and extends through the zone well. Emma also has speed on the bases and is always looking to take the next base.
- #42 Jordan Taylor- C/1B- POP TIME: 2.2- Defensively, Jordan has a strong arm behind the plate and makes accurate throws to her target. She has good footwork and gains ground towards second base on her throw downs. Jordan receives the ball with a firm glove and blocks well at all angles.
- #44 Katy Ivy- RHP/1B- Offensively, Katy has a strong box presence and is confident at the plate. She is on time to contact and drives the ball with solid contact consistently. Katy is a power hitter and hit a 3 RUN HOMERUN during game play.
Central Texas Dirty Diamonds
- #30 Esther Paulson- C- Defensively, Esther has a low stance and a quick release behind the plate. She has accurate throws with a strong arm. Esther also displays patience at the plate with good hand path to the ball.
Firecrackers WTX Fortner
- #11 Danika Utajara- RHP/3B- In the circle, Danika has a strong, confident presence on the field. She has good control and spin on the ball with good velocity. Danika throws a great drop with command. Offensively, Danika has a strong, solid stance and drives through the ball with power. She is a power hitter with gap-to-gap power.
Impact Gold DFW
- #1 Riley Price- RHP- In the circle, Riley appears confident and has good velocity on the ball. She spins the ball tight with accuracy and shows good control to keep hitters off balance. Offensively, Riley is a strong hitter that drives through the zone with good timing. She displays a strong stance and quick hands to the ball.
- #4 Aubrianna Salazar- RHP- Defensively, Aubrianna moves to the ball well with good footwork and smooth hands. She has good range at all angles and makes strong, accurate throws with confidence. Offensively, Aubrianna also carries her confidence to the plate and has a strong stance in her lower half. She squares up the ball and drives to the gaps with power. Aubrianna has great timing and had a SOLO HOMERUN during game play.
- #5 Gabi Valforte- LF- Offensively, Gabi has a strong appearance at the plate and drives the ball to opposite field well. She allows pitches to get deep for solid, hard contact. Gabi has a good swing with explosive, controlled hands and timing to contact.
- #11 Abbie Orrick- C- POP TIME: 1.83- Behind the plate, Abbie is very quick behind the plate and has firm glove work when receiving the ball. She works hard for her pitcher with good blocking mechanics. Abbie is a leader on the field with a strong, accurate arm.
- #14 Ashlyn Walker- C- POP TIME: 1.93- Offensively, Ashlyn is good hitter that makes solid contact consistently. She has good timing to contact and drives the ball with line drive power. Defensively, Ashlyn is strong and confident behind the plate. She receives the ball with quiet hands and displays a strong, accurate arm. Ashlyn is very quick with her footwork overall and on blocking for her pitcher.
Impact Gold DFW Parker
- #7 Haley Parker- RHP/1B- In the circle, Haley has great control over her pitches and lots of spin on the ball. She has movement and consistently hits her spots with confidence. Haley has late movement and keeps the hitters off balance at the plate.
- #99 Marissa Martinez- C/3B- Behind the plate, Marissa receives the ball with a firm glove and displays a strong arm. She is confident behind the plate, has quick footwork, and works hard for her pitcher. Offensively, Marissa has good plate presence and drives the ball hard into the gaps. She has discipline at the plate and good speed on the base paths.
Lethal Weapon – Gomez
- #4 Kamryn Gomez- C/3B- POP TIME: 2.07- Defensively, Kamryn has a strong, accurate arm behind the plate and receives the ball with a firm glove. She has good footwork and a quick transfer to throw. Kamryn works hard for her pitcher on blocking the ball and hustling to make the play.
- #7 Rylea Sandel- RHP/IF- Defensively, Rylea has a strong, balanced stance and squares up the ball nicely. She drives through the ball with good extension and displays line drive power. Rylea stays confident at the plate throughout her at bat.
- #77 Alexandra Nicolas- RHP/SS- In the circle, Alexandra is confident on the mound and hits her spots consistently with great spin/movement. She works the batters and corner of the plate well with a good change up. Alexandra can also field her position well when needed. She also has good speed on the base paths with heads up base running.
Team Mizuno Impulse ’20 – Brochu
- #2 Cate Bade- 2B/OF- Offensively, Cate stays through the ball well with good extension and displays quickness on the bases. She hit a TRIPLE over the center fielder’s head during game play and showed her aggression on the base path.
- #8 Emma Ponder- C/2B- POP TIME: 1.96- Offensively, Emma has a wide stance and has a good eye at the plate. She shows a good hand path to the ball with hard contact. Defensively, Emma has strong glove work and a quick release with her throw.
- #23 Rylen Wiggins- SS- Defensively, Rylen has good hands to the ball and moves well at all angles. She has a quick transfer and release to throw. Offensively, Rylen is eager to hit the ball and is quick down the line. She is aggressive on the base paths and keeps catchers on their toes.
- #24 Madison Owen- C/3B- Defensively, Madison moves well at third base with a strong glove. She stays fluid with her footwork and low throughout fielding/throwing the ball. Offensively, Madison is short to the ball and works well to opposite field.
Texas Bombers CTX Ayala
- #4 Lauryn Ramos- 1B/3B- Defensively, Lauryn is aggressive at third base with confidence and has good glove work. She reacts quickly to the ball and displays a strong arm. Offensively, Lauren has a strong stance and drives the ball for gap to gap power. She has good timing to contact and extension though the ball.
- #12 Savanna Frieze- C/3B- POP TIME: 2.05- Defensively, Savanna has a strong arm and is quick behind the plate. She has a firm glove while receiving the ball and reacts quickly when there is a play. Savanna blocks well to work hard for her pitcher and displays leadership qualities on the field.
Texas Elite Miller Gold
- #6 Madison Hays- C/IF- Defensively, Madison has an accurate arm behind the plate and works hard for her pitcher. She receives the ball well with a firm glove and gets on quick on bunts to make a play.
- #11 Mackenzie Law- 2B/OF- Defensively, Mackenzie has strong fielding fundamentals and moves quick to the ball. She has good control over her body and displays a strong arm. Offensively, Mackenzie makes hard contact to the ball and drives through with power. Sh puts pressure on the defense with her speed on the bases.
16U Participating Teams
|Fort Worth Batbusters Shelton||Texas Blaze NTX||Texas Outlaws – Prentice|
|Impact Gold – Noble||Texas Fusion – Aduddell||Texas Fusion 01 Maisto|
|Impact Gold Williams||Texas Fusion Perkins||Waco Heat|
|NTX Vipers||Texas Glory Adkins Futures||Wolfpack Elite|
Fort Worth Batbusters Shelton
- #16 Emily Heaton- C- POP TIME: 2.12- Behind the plate, Emily has a low setup and move wells at all angles. She works hard for her pitchers with a firm glove while receiving and stays with every play. Offensively, Emily is athletic and displays some power. She has a good box presence and good mindset during her at bat. Emily is explosive with a firm front side and also shows good extension through the ball.
- #23 Angelique Scivique- 3B/OF- Offensively, Angelique has a confident plate appearance with strong, quick hands to the ball. She drives the ball with to opposite field. Defensively, Angelique stays low in her pre pitch and has smooth hands to the ball. She moves well side to side with a strong arm and displays leadership on the field.
Impact Gold – Noble
- #2 Lily Ray- CF- Defensively, Lily tracks down the ball well and takes good angles to the ball. She plays through the ball and is a leader on the field. Offensively, Lily slaps and swings from the left side. She is a confident athlete in the box and stays inside the ball well. Lily takes a direct path to the ball and squares the ball up nicely. She hits with a firm front side and uses her hips/hands well.
- #5 Natalie O’Brien- C- POP TIME: 1.88- Behind the plate, Natalie has strong, firm hands while receiving each pitch. She is quick behind the plate and block the ball with proper form. Natalie also displays a strong arm.
- #10 Dominique Rodriguez- 3B/1B- Offensively, Dominique is confident and sees the ball well. She works the count well and makes hard contact consistently. Dominique is very quick and under control on the bases. She does a good job putting pressure on the defense.
- #30 Gracelyn Rosales- SS- Offensively, Gracelyn stays inside the ball well and shows a good bat angle to the ball. She has gap to gap power and quick bat speed to the ball with good extension. Defensively, Gracelyn shows good field awareness, plays through the ball, and is a vocal leader for her team.
- #31 Julia Bumford- 3B- Offensively, Julia has strong, controlled swings and explosive hips through the ball. She stays inside the ball well and has pop off the bat. Julia also runs the bases well and ready to take the next bag.
- #8 Taylor Strickland- RHP/1B- In the circle, Taylor is very confident and has great control with good, late movement. Offensively, Taylor has a strong base with quick hands to the ball. She is on time to contact and drives the ball hard gap to gap. Taylor has homerun power and hit a GRANDSLAM during game play! She is a very dominate player overall.
Impact Gold Williams
- #1 Leah Taylor- IF/2B- Defensively, Leah reads the ball off the bat well and plays the position well. She fields the ball in the center of her body and has good pre pitch movement. Leah has good range and good instincts on the field. Offensively, Leah had a nice lead off bunt during game play to get on base. She has speed down the line and also has a nice hook slide into the bag for a stolen base.
- #5 Anissa Lechner- 2B/OF- Defensively, Anissa plays well at shortstop with a smooth glove and footwork. She has a fluid transfer to throw and also a good athletic pre pitch. Offensively, Anissa is very athletic and confident in the box. She has a smooth/fluid swing and works up the middle of the field. Anissa stays inside the ball with good extension and also runs the bases with a threat to challenge the catcher and defense.
- #21 Brooke Lawson- C/1B- Defensively, Brooke is vocal on the field and talks to her pitcher and defense for support. She also has a good pre pitch to the ball and ready to make a play. Offensively, Brooke holds a strong presence and has good situational knowledge with runners on. She is also heads up on the bases to take the next bag.
- #1 Margaret Hurst- C/2B- POP TIME- 2.2- Defensively, Margaret handles the pitches very well and is vocal to her defense. She is athletic in her set up and works hard on every play. Margaret has a firm glove when receiving the ball and also sticks it out in front of her body.
Texas Blaze NTX
- #28 Ashlyn Taylor- C/3B- Defensively, Ashlyn crashes well on third base and shows a good pre pitch to the ball. Behind the plate, Ashlyn has a strong presence and shows no movement when receiving. She is very quiet and firm with her hands and quick to get up on bunts or throw downs. Ashlyn also displays a strong, accurate arm with confidence. Offensively, Ashlyn has an overall athletic stance and calm presence at the plate. She has a lean body with a great, smooth swing. Ashlyn displays good whip in her bat to produce explosive bat speed and contact. She waits on her pitch and hit a HOMERUN to straight away center field.
- #44 Natalie Sorensen- C/3B- Behind the plate, Natalie is strong and accurate with her throws. She pick behind the runners at each base with confidence. Natalie is knowledgeable about the game and vocal to her team behind the plate. She has a strong glove when receiving the ball with little to no movement. Offensively, Natalie battles at the plate and works inside the ball well with a smooth swing.
Texas Fusion – Aduddell
- #2 Hope Waid- C/SS- Offensively, Hope has an open athletic stance and stays inside the ball well. She has a good swing and will put down a great surprise bunt to get on base for her team. Hope has speed on the base paths and displayed a stolen base during game play.
- #7 Maggie Coleman- CF/OF- Offensively, Maggie is an athletic kid with good box presence. She swings for gap to gap power with a hie fluid swing through extension.
Texas Fusion – Perkins
- #11 Sydney Warren- RHP/OF- VELO: 55-57 – In the circle, Sydney has good placement throughout the zone and is aggressive with each hitter. She stays ahead and goes right at each hitter in the box. Sydney produces ground balls for her defense and has tight spin on all pitches. She is not afraid to come inside with confidence.
- #88 Meagan Reynolds- RHP/1B- In the circle, Meagan has good command on the mound and spins the ball tight on her curve and screwball. She works the corners well and is able to produce strikeouts and ground balls when needed. Meagan has good leadership qualities on the field with a strong appearance. Offensively, Meagan has a good, hard swing through the zone with gap to gap power.
Texas Glory Adkins Futures
- #3 Racheal Thomas- C/SS- Behind the plate, Racheal works hard and sets up with a strong presence. She has a strong arm and quick release. Racheal threw a runner out at third base with her quick release on a bunt. Offensively, Racheal is aggressive at the plate and attacks the first pitch in the zone.
- #10 Alyssa Bates- OF/1B- HOME TO 1st: 3.12 (Contact to Contact)- Offensively, Alyssa is a slapper with great controlled footwork in the box. She has tons of speed down the line and is a threat on the base paths. Defensively, Alyssa uses her speed to cover a lot of ground and take great angles to the ball.
- #1 Sydnee Shea- 3B/C- Defensively, Sydnee is athletic and vocal on 3rd to her pitcher and defense. Behind the plate, She has a firm glove and has a nice, strong throw from her knees. Sydnee blocks the ball nice in the dirt and with runners on to work hard for her pitcher.
Texas Outlaws – Prentice
- #7 Lissette Ortiz- C/LF- Behind the plate, Lissette has a strong set up and works hard for her pitcher. She blocks the ball well and receives the ball with a firm glove. Lissette is also aggressive on the base path.
- #42 Klarissa Rodriguez- 2B- Defensively, Karissa moves well and made a nice backhand play during game play. Offensively, Karissa had a hard swing through the ball and produced a line shit down the third base line. She displays good power and fast hands to the ball.
Texas Fusion 01 Maisto
- #9 Alyssa Maisto- 2B/RF- Defensively, Alyssa has great game awareness and is very confident in her abilities. She assisted on a 4-6-3 double play during game play and has good range to both side. Alyssa also has good backhand glove work.
- #13 Kylah Marzette- CF/SS- Offensively, Kylah had a multi-hit game and a HOMERUN during game play. She has quick hands to the ball and displays good speed on the base path.
- #5 Mercedez Luna- 2B/SS- Defensively, Mercedez plays through the ball well and has smooth hands to her glove side. She is athletic in her pre pitch and has an accurate, strong arm across the diamond. Mercedez has good double play footwork and a quick transfer to throw. Offensively, Mercedez has a calm presence at the plate with good rhythm. She is aggressive on the bases and tests the catcher.
- #8 Kaylen Estrada- C/3B-POP TIME: 1.94- Behind the plate, Kaylen shows vocal leadership and has a low, athletic set up. She protects the plate well on tag plays at home and stays aware and ready when runners are on base. Kaylen calls the play for her defense, is knowledgable, and confident when picking behind the runners.
18U Participating Teams
Ace of Diamonds
- #5 Shandria Jackson- C- POP TIME: 2.02- Defensively, Shandria has an athletic presence behind the plate and receives the ball with little to no movement. She has a firm glove and is explosive on her first step. Shandria throws from her knees and moves well at all angles. Offensively, Shandria has great box presence and makes consistent hard contact. She uses her hips/hands well to drive through the ball. Shandria also runs and moves well on the bases.
- #7 Hannah Tobler- CF- Offensively, Hannah slaps from the left side with great control. She keeps her hands back and is on plane to contact. Hannah is very controlled with her footwork and provides a smooth swing overall. She is also very aggressive on the base paths to make the defense nervous. Defensively, Hannah is athletic with her pre pitch and has a good first step to the ball. She takes good angles to the gaps and has leadership on the field.
- #14 Shakyrah Gladness- Offensively, Shakyrah has an athletic box presence and takes a direct path to the ball. She keeps her hands back and works the count until she gets her pitch. Defensively, Shakyrah gains ground and fields the ball out in front of her body. She is athletic and has a good first step to the ball. Shakyrah is also a standout on the mound with her tight spin and ability to stay ahead in the count.
- #11 Kaila Cartwright- 3B/1B- Defensively, Kaila has great field awareness and moves well at all angles. She has an athletic pre pitch and makes a stand out appearance on the corners. Offensively, Kaila has good rhythm in the box and has a firm front side. She loads well in her legs and stays inside the ball to produce hard contact.
Texas Elite – Moreno
TX Glory Adkins Herbert