November 12-13, 2016
Diamond Valley Complex — Hemet, CA
Schedule & Scores
* PLEASE NOTE: Players written up on the scouting blog were identified by our scouting staff based on the demonstration of notable tool(s) and/or skill(s). While WE DO NOT KEEP STATS, we are watching for standout performers on the mound, at the plate, in the field and on the bases. However, a performance WITHOUT the presence of requisite tool(s) and/or skill(s) IS NOT considered standout — we are looking for players with the tool(s) and/or skill(s) to play beyond the high school level.
Teams are organized alphabetically within each division. To view associated
content, either click on a team name or scroll down.
16U A Participating Teams
|Bownet Radwich||Firecrackers HB – Steiner||Lakewood Hustlers|
|Case Batbusters||Firecrackers Lucero||SLO County Nitro|
|Clovis Rockets||IE Legends||So Cal Athletics|
- #10 Ciara Davis 3B/SS- Offensively, she has good plate awareness, good eye for the ball, strong load, and has quick hands. She displays power and has an explosive swing. Defensively, she has an athletic pre pitch and stays light on her feet. She has a quick release and a consistent arm.
- #24 Naia Quilantang SS/OF- Offensively, she has a great eye for the strike zone and strong plate awareness. She works the count and battles through each AB. She has a strong front foot and squares up to the ball well. Defensively, she has good range both ways with a strong back hand. Her hands are soft and she has a consistent throw.
- #0 Ahylie Rosales OF/2B- Defensively, in centerfield she has an accurate and consistent arm with a quick release. She is always backing up on every play and shows quickness with her feet. Offensively, Ahylie displays a knowledge for the game and is very disciplined at the plate. She has a controlled load, soft and short stride with a fluid swing.
- #34 Samantha Valdez SS/OF- At shortstop Samantha displayed smooth hands and had good range from side to side. She is agile and fields the ball out in front. She has great arm accuracy with her throws and has a quick release. Offensively, she displays a strong load activating all of her legs. She squares on contact and is solid through the zone.
- #99 Catherine Aquino OF/RHP- Offensively, Catherine has a strong, athletic set upend sits low in her legs. She has a controlled load with a hard swing. She stays inside of the ball well and is patient at the plate. Defensively, in left field she is aggressive and lays out for balls. She made a fantastic catch laying out for a line drive. Her arm is consistent on her throws to bases.
- #10 Brittany Callison SS/3B- Defensively, she fields her position at SS athletically with a consistent and strong arm. She works well to her glove side and keeps her feet active through each play. Offensively, she has a strong, athletic base with a smooth load. Squares up well to the ball and can hit to all sides of the field.
- #11 Isabella Culp 3B- Defensively, Isabella shows good command behind the plate and exudes good blocking skills. She displays proper footwork and throws from her knees. Offensively, she has a soft stride, keeps her hands back and explodes through the zone keeping her hands inside of the ball. She has power but also isn’t afraid to lay down a bunt at anytime.
- #15 Ashly Waltson 3B/2B- She is a sound and fluid defender with soft hands. She has a strong and accurate arm and displays leadership within the infield. Offensively, she has a strong load, quick hands, and barrels up the ball.
Firecrackers HB – Steiner
- #1 Ryann Steiner C/CF- Defensively, she sets up athletic, low, and strong. She receives with soft hands and frames well. She displays proper form with glove down and works hard for her pitcher behind the plate. She has a strong throw from her knees. Offensively, she has a soft stride and good weight transfer. She is explosive to the ball and has power to all fields.
- #21 Gabbi Baquol 2B/OF- Offensively, she has a strong load, quiet stride, and keeps her hands inside the ball. Drives the ball up the middle and has a strong pull side. Defensively, she has good range to both sides and a consistent arm, controlled flips to bases.
- #24 Giselle Riley 1B/3B- Giselle has a strong athletic build. Defensively, she has soft hands and a quick release. Keeps her momentum forward and maintains an accurate arm. Offensively, she has an explosive swing and shows a lot of power through her legs. She can hit to all sides of the field and has good control with her bat head.
- #2 Makenna Komoda 2B/SS- Defensively, Makenna displays great leadership on the field and communicates loud and clear with pitcher constantly. She has a strong arm and smooth hands fielding the ball and shows strength in her backhand. Offensively, Makenna has good command at the plate, good eye for the strikezone, and battles every at bat.
- #36 Au
tumn Pease RHP/1B- Defensively, exudes strong presence on the mound with great command of her pitches. She throws 59mph with a rise and curve ball as her strongest pitches. Offensively, Autumn was powerful and confident in the batters box. She showed her power with a double and homerun to left field and was smart on the bases. She is on time to contact and drives through the ball.
- #1 Emile Clark CF SL/R- Emele displayed a good eye for the ball and fantastic placement of the ball when slapping. She was smart on the base paths and quick on her feet. She ran a 2.7 down the line and showed success with her ability to control where she was slapping the ball. Emele made consistent contact and stayed on top of the ball through the zone.
- #5 Kailey Kesterson SS/CF- Defensively, Kailey sets up really well with an athletic strong pre pitch. She stays low to the ground and has good range side to side. Offensively, she has a good eye for the ball and command at the plate. She is a natural lefty and strong to the right side. She tripled in the gap to right-center displaying explosive bat speed through the zone barreling up the ball.
- #21 Katelyn Cifuentes RHP/IF- At 3rd Katelyn sets up well always on toes and displays an athletic pre-pitch. She communicates with pitcher every pitch and is always ready for the next play. She displays soft hands and a strong back hand.
- #26 Samantha Valencia C/2B- Defensively, she displayed good blocking skills and proper footwork. Despite her small stature she is quick to pop up on anything up in the zone. She moves well and has quick mobility. Offensively, she has decent power and confident presence at the plate. She has a short swing path and makes solid contact.
- #14 Jordan Kaeka C/SS- Defensively, Jordan has a strong arm behind the plate and shows accuracy on her throws to bases. She has a strong base and blocks balls well. She is a vocal leader on the field and communicates well with her pitcher.
- #16 Skyler Swearing RHP/2B- Skyler displays confidence on the pitchers mound and attacks hitters every pitch. She extends through on release and has a fluid arm action.
- #34 Sydney Freijanes SS/2B- Sydney displays good hands and footwork defensively and maintains active feet throughout each play. She has a clean exchange and a short release on her throws. Offensively, she has a smooth bat head through the zone and her swing path is direct and to the ball. She pulls the ball and hits for power to the left side.
SLO County Nitro
- #12 Brianna Stephens C/3B- Brianna displays strong plate presence and keeps her hands smooth through the zone. She had a nice shot to left and shows power to the left side. Defensively, she has as strong arm to bases and an athletic set up when catching. She hustles and works well with her pitcher.
- #25 Taylor Johnson RHP/3B- She throws hard and hits her locations. She has as tight spin and keeps hitters off balance. At 3rd base she holds her position well and keeps her momentum through the ball. She has a square stance and stays firm in her set up.
- #57 Natalie Sicalros C- Natalie is very athletic behind the plate and works well with her pitcher. She displays confidence in her arm and quick on her feet when runners are on. She frames well and communicates well with her pitchers.
So Cal Athletics
- #7 Hanna Miller C/1B- Defensively, Hanna displays great blocking abilities and has a strong, athletic build. She keeps her feet under her and frames each pitch well. Offensively, she has good extension and plants firm on her front side through her swing. She is short to the play and explosive through the zone.
- #28 Sarah Rengifo 2B/OF- Sarah displayed good hands in the infield and moved through the ball very well. She had great lateral movement and always kept her momentum coming through the ball.
- #10 Allie RHP- Allie displays great mound presence and communicates well with her infield. She has a fantastic off speed pitch and keeps hitters off balanced mixing it in with her quicker pitches. She attacks each hitter throughout the entire AB.
- #9 Kaci Branch 3B/2B- Offensively, Kaci has good power and hits well up the middle. She stays through the ball and activates her hips well into her swing. She has a smooth swing and keeps hands on plane with her swing path. Her stride is on time and does well at hitting up the middle.
18U A Participating Teams
- #16 Danielle Burgos 3B/SS- Offensively, Danielle displayed firm hands and stayed inside the ball very well. She had a controlled load and good extension through the zone. She was fluid with quick bat speed. She showed power to all fields and was quick on the bases.
- #17 Rylee Presley OF- Defensively, Rylee had good range and covered a lot of ground. She was a vocal leader in the outfield and had quick reaction to the ball. Offensively, she had a good eye for the strike zone. Disciplined at the plate and smooth with her hands.
- #2 Erin Patterson 2B/LF- Erin displayed a strong ability in her soft slap and had good control of her ball placement. She stayed on top of the ball and had good footwork out of the box. She was quick on the bases and always looking to take the next base.
- #3 Erica Noll RHP/2B- Erica mixed her pitches well and kept hitters off balance with her mix of speed. She attacked hitters and displayed sharp movement extending through release. She had a confident presence on the mound with good pop on her pitches.
- #77 Keely Toagafu 1B- Offensively, Keely was incredibly strong and had a consistently smooth swing. She had an athletic stance with a strong base. Displaying powerful extension through the zone and kept her hands inside the ball. Keely was aggressive early in the count and hit a long homerun on the first pitch of her first AB. She exuded confidence at the plate and a strong demeanor.
- #15 Brittany Redondo C/3B- Brittany displayed great command defensively and received the ball well. She is athletic and has a clean exchange when she throws to bases. She shows her ability to pop up quick and has a powerful arm. Offensively, she has a very controlled swing and makes hard contact. Her bat path is short and direct to the ball.
- Lilac Kindred CF/1B- Lilah showed her aggressiveness on the bases and athleticism. She has quick feet and good placement on her slaps. She keeps her hands high and wrists strong through the ball.
So Cal Velocity
- #3 Julia Candelas 2B- Offensively, Julia has a fluid swing and is smooth to the ball. She activates her hips well and has decent power but can also show her sneaky bunt at times. She has speed down the line and is a smart base runner. Defensively, she has active feet and soft hands. She moves through the ball well and is always communicating with her infield.
- #11 Kacee Howser 3B/RHP- Kacee has fast transitions on defense and a quick release. Her bunt coverage is great and she stays light on her feet to the ball. Her throws are consistently on line and she has a strong arm. Offensively, she has a strong and athletic base with an explosive lower half. She stays inside the ball well and stays level through extension.
- #31 Malia Risdall RHP/OF- Malia has an athletic build with strong legs. She is smooth through her bat path and makes hard contact. Defensively, she displays accurate throws and squares up the ball well. She is also aggressive on the bases and looks to take the next base.
18U Gold Participating Teams
|Firecrackers 18u – Chavez – Gold||OC United||Stealth Fastpitch – Snyder|
|Foothill Gold Beijer 16u||SC Dynasty – Lilly||Victory USA|
|Nor Cal Strike Zone|
Firecrackers 18u – Chavez – Gold
- #3 Sarah Chavez RF/CF- Sarah displays a strong and accurate arm in the outfield. She is always ready for the next play and stays light on her toes in her set up. She is aggressive and takes good paths to the ball. Offensively, she drives through the ball and has aggressive at bats. She hits to all fields and has a strong pull side.
- #20 Kayla Whitehead SS/2B- Kayla displays quick and active feet and stays low through the ball. She has a strong glove side with soft hands and keeps her throws on line. She shows she is a smart base runner and takes aggressive leads. Kayla also is a good communicator and is always talking.
- #55 Julia D’Amico C/3B- Defensively, Julia has a powerful arm and catches the ball out in front and extended. She pops up quick and uses proper footwork that makes her quick on her feet. She has a fast release point and has a 1.7 pop time. Offensively, she has fast hands and keeps her hands inside of the ball.
Foothill Gold Beijer 16u
- #2 Lenora Watson SS/IF- Lenora moves through the ball well and covers the 5/6 hole well. She keeps her feet active and has a fluid backhand with quick transfers to the bases. Offensively, she is short to the ball and keeps her bat path level through the zone. She displays power and a very controlled swing. She is consistent with contact.
- #12 Mackenna Tagye OF/1B- Mackenna isn’t afraid to play close and is aggressive on her feet with bunts. She stays low on short hops and is always ready for the next play. She moves through the ball well and fields the ball out in front. She has good body language and maintains a confident attitude.
- #56 Katie Dinnigan 3B/OF- Offensively, Katie has fast hands and shows strength to her pull side. She has a fluid forward motion with her swing and keeps her hands inside of the ball. She stays low in her stance and has a controlled load.
Nor Cal Strike Zone
- #2 Brianna Lopez 1B- Offensively, Brianna has a solid swing through the zone and consistently makes hard contact. She hits both gaps and has a very selective approach until she gets her pitch to hit. She keeps her bat path short and has fast hands.
- #11 Kelsey Capra SS/2B- Kelsey tracks pitches well and recognizes the low pitch. She makes solid contact and drives the ball up the middle. She keeps her swing level and explosive through the zone. She displays smart vase running and keeps her steps short and quick.
- #75 Jordan Gross C/3B- Jordan is athletic and presents strength and power. She is selective in her approach at the plate and has fluid movements. She activates her legs well through her swing and has a smooth transition to her front side. Defensively, she has smooth fielding forehands and good base coverage. She has quick transitions and communicates well with her teammates.
- #2 Sierra Sanchez OF/1B- Sierra displays speed and is light on her feet. She bunts for base hits and is selective in the box but also is a gap to gap hitter. She is patient at the plate and waits for her pitch. Stays on top of the ball and has a direct bat path to the ball. Defensively, Sierra has a strong throw from the outfield and takes great routes to the ball.
- #5 Miranda Nester OF/SS- Offensively, Miranda is a gap to gap hitter and pushes sold through the ball. She displays good hand path to the ball. Defensively, she puts off a positive presence and commands the infield. She has quick feet and transitions with a low athletic stance.
- #46 Kayla Hernandez 3B- Offensively, Kayla keeps her hands inside the ball and shows power to the right side. She has a controlled load and strong extension through the zone. She shows good power and smart base running skills. Defensively, she moves through ground balls and stays low with good momentum. She shows good ability to her glove side and has quick reactions.
SC Dynasty – Lilly
- #44 SS- She has a narrow athletic stance and charges the ball hard. She has a quick release and a lot of range to the 5/6 hole. She reads slappers hands well and is light on her feet. Offensively, she hits solid up the middle and recognizes pitches well. She is selective and waits for her pitch.
- #66 C- She throws hard and accurate and keeps her glove low to the ground when blocking. She keeps everything in front and extends her arm on the frame. Her pop time is 2.1 to second base. Offensively, she sits on the change up and hits mostly to right side. She is selective and has a good eye for the strike zone.
Stealth Fastpitch – Snyder
- #21 Shelley Gracey 2B/SS- Shelley displayed good weight transfer with her legs and a powerful load with her hands. She stays light on her feet and has aggressive movements. Defensively, she moves well to both sides and has a short, quick release. She communicates loud on the field and is a smart base runner with great jumps off of the bag.
- #33 Jadyn Schofield IF/C- Jadyn has a strong stance and stays level through the zone. She has great use of her legs and barrels up the ball. She is explosive through the zone and that was evident when she hit a grand slam over left field fence. She shows confidence in her abilities and is leader on the field.
- #12 Alana Nuttman CF/OF- Offensively, Alana displays good feet placement with her slap and hides her sneaky bunt very well. She moves quick through the box on slaps and stays on top of the ball on contact. Defensively, she has great angles to the ball in the outfield and has range to both sides. She is always backing up her other outfields and has a consistent arm to bases.
- #55 Jessica Fox 3B/2B- Jessica sits on the outside pitch and has fast hands through the zone. She has great body language in the box and drives the ball to right field. Defensively, she crashes quick on bunts and stays low keeping her momentum going through the ball. Her range on pop ups in great and is always looking for the next play.
- #67 Rena Edwards OF/SS- She is very active with her feet and has quick transitions with her hands. She picks balls well when receiving from catcher at second base and feeds the ball well on double plays. Offensively, she uses her legs well in her swing and has good timing with her load. She swings through the ball and has good extension through the zone.
- #91 Emily Peirano C/2B- Defensively, she extends her arm fully when receiving the ball and holds her frame well. She stays low in squat and has good blocking skills to movement of balls. She calls a good game and shows great pitch sequence. Her arm is strong and powerful on her throws. Her pop time is 1.8. Offensively, she hits the ball solid with good power. She drives through the ball and utilizes her legs well through her swing.