September 29-30, 2018
Dorey Park – Henrico, VA | R, F & P Complex – Glen Allen, VA
Schedule & Scores
* PLEASE NOTE: Players written up on the scouting blog were identified by our scouting staff based on the demonstration of notable tool(s) and/or skill(s). While WE DO NOT KEEP STATS, we are watching for standout performers on the mound, at the plate, in the field and on the bases. However, a performance WITHOUT the presence of requisite tool(s) and/or skill(s) IS NOT considered standout — we are looking for players with the tool(s) and/or skill(s) to play beyond the high school level.
14U Participating Teams
|Bay River Rumble 14u Black||Firebirds '04||Varina Velocity|
|Dirt Diamonds||New Kent Giants Elite 14u||Virginia Galaxy|
Bay River Rumble 14u Black
– #8 Samantha Grainger CF/OF – Samantha has good speed and is an aggressive baserunner. She has a strong arm and hustles on and off the field.
– #13 Megan Witt RHP/1B Velo: 47 – Megan has a good command of her pitches and has visible movement. She makes good use of her change up (Velo: 29 MPH).
– #26 Mikaila Foushee IF/OF – Mikaila is an aggressive hitter with good plate presence. In the field, she has smooth glove work and good hands.
– #27 Hannelore Huxford C/IF – Hannelore has good transfers on her throws and works to frame the pitch well. She has great power at the plate and really good instincts on the bases.
– #50 Aubrey Stephan 3B/OF – Aubrey is aggressive on defense at 3B and covers bunts and slaps well. She has a quality swing and is patient at the plate.
– #54 Mehana Naki RHP/IF – Mehana has a good arm in the outfield and gets rid of the ball quickly. She hustles hard and has great footwork at 2B.
– #1 Grace Barker 3B/2B – Grace has solid glove work and good range. She is able to make a strong throw from the 5/6 hole.
– #2 Braylee Corbin C/2B – Braylee has a powerful swing and good pitch selection at the plate. She hustles hard and makes great plays at 2B.
– #9 Alexia Gillhuys 3B/SS – Alexia has a strong arm from the outfield and tracks the ball well.
– #14 Brooklyn Rohrbaugh LF/CF – Brooklyn has quality at bats at the plate and is a strong, powerful
– #31 Sara Simon RHP/SS Velo: 55 – Sara has a strong presence at the plate. On the mound, she is powerful and throws a heavy ball. Sara has a good mix of speed and can field her position well.
– #0 Alana Toder RHP/IF – Alana is a strong hitter with power to all fields. She is able to hit each pitch where it is thrown.
– #1 Samantha Stuart RHP/3B Velo: 53 – Samantha moves her pitches well. She is able to work both sides of the plate. She makes great use of her change up at the right times in the count. At 3B, she attacks the small ball and gets good reads off the bat. She is also a strong hitter with good power and is a great athlete!
– #7 Maya Trupo RHP/3B Velo: 51 – Maya works ahead in the count consistently. She has an effective rise and curve ball that she uses to her advantage. Her change up comes in at 38 MPH and she can field her position well.
– #9 Emily Wilsey 2B/C – Emily has great range at 2B and a strong arm. She is able to make plays for her team thanks to her range and quick release and arm strength. She is a power hitter who sees the ball well and makes good contact.
– #11 Emma Knapp 1B/SS – Emma has great footwork in the field and has a strong arm at shortstop. She has good picks at 1B. Defensively she does a good job of covering ground and picking up her teammates when needed.
– #43 Nekia Aiken C/SS Pop: 1.98 – Nekia has good speed on the bases and effectively executes her small ball. She has a quick release, her throw downs are accurate and she frames nicely for her pitchers. She communicates well behind the plate and is very aggressive, not afraid to pick people off.
New Kent Giants Elite 14u
– #34 Skylar Pickens SS/3B – Skylar has a solid swing with good speed on the bases. She reads to the ball well in the dirt and is able to advance when on base.
– #3 Haley Baker 3B/SS – Haley is an aggressive hitter. She is a gap to gap hitter and uses all fields. She has power opposite field especially. Haley will hit it where it is pitched and make pitch to pitch adjustments in her at bat. She is a consistent hitter for her team.
– #12 Madison Durham SS/2B – Madison is a strong fielder. She has solid footwork, is strong to her backhand and covers significant ground. Her agility helps her make plays in the 5/6 hole effortlessly. She has a quick release and makes plays look easy.
– #23 Brianna Branch RHP/2B Velo: 59 – Brianna is a strong hitter. She has power to the opposite field. On the mound, she uses her off speed (velo: 42) to keep hitters off balance. She has a tight spin on the ball and uses her curve to get batters out.
– #99 Taylor Waddell C/3B – Taylor is a fierce catcher. She blocks well. She hustles on and off the field. Taylor is aggressive and gets rid of the ball quickly. She’s not afraid to pick runners off the bases. She protects the plate and lays the tag on hard at the plate.
– #2 Rory Rockwood C/OF – Rory has quick feet and transfers behind the plate. She blocks balls well and has a strong arm. She takes command of the field and communicates well.
– #5 Josephine Hartigan LHP/OF Velo: 49 – Josephine is a LHP who works her corner and has lots of spin on her ball. She produces a lot of weak pop ups and grounders. She’s consistent in the zone and uses her change up (velo: 38) to keep batters off balance.
– #10 Maddison Morris 3B/RHP – Maddison is a solid infielder. She has good range at 3B, a strong arm, and has quick feet and an aggressive attack at the small game. The strength of her arm makes her plays look easy.
– #35 Margaret Lively 2B/3B – Margaret has good range at 2B. She has a good first step and reads balls off the bat well. Her agility makes difficult plays look routine. At bat, she has power to the opposite field.
16U Participating Teams
Blue Ridge Sudden Impact 16u
– #11 Kayla Spencer OF/2B – Kayla is a solid hitter. She has a compact swing and is able to go with the pitch. She can handle all parts of the zone well and is a consistent bat for her team.
– #1 Halley Hengle C/OF – Behind the plate, Halley is solid. She remains small and frames well and she uses her body to block the ball. She can cover bunts and is consistent at the plate. She leads her team from behind the plate and picks her pitcher up when needed.
#21 Amanda Lanyon SS/LF – Amanda is a leader on the field. She extends at bats and sees pitches well. On the field, she has a good arm and good range at shortstop. She is able to cover a lot of ground and make difficult plays for her team.
Firebirds 16u – Meyer
– #7 Savannah Wright RHP/3B Velo: 59 – Savannah is an effective pitcher. She makes use of the river and uses her off speed which comes in at 44 MPH, to keep batters off balance. She has good situational awareness and makes heads up plays at 3B
– #9 Cara Martin LHP/1B Velo: 60 – Cara is a powerful hitter. She makes adjustments at the plate from pitch to pitch. On the mound, she has great presence and uses her breaking pitches. Her changeup comes in at 46 helping to keep batters off balance.
– #12 Ella Meyer RHP/1B Velo: 60 – Ella has is a consistent line drive hitter. She is patient at the plate and has good situational awareness. On the mound, she works all corners of the plate and works ahead in the count. She has a great presence on the field.
Glenn Allen Extreme
– #2 Emily Rayl C/OF – Emily has a strong arm and plays the game with urgency. She is aggressive behind the plate, especially with runners on base. She is smart situationally and leads her team from behind the plate.
– #34 Samaria Jackson IF/OF – Samaria is a consistent bat for her team and hits for power. She had 2 HR in one game and came in clutch for her team when they needed runs.
– #99 Carmia Betts SS/OF – Carmia has good range at shortstop, is quick, and has good instincts on the base paths. She is able to cover a lot of ground and make plays for her team. On the base paths, she uses her speed to take advantage of the other team’s mistakes and help her team score runs.
Hampton Roads Warriors
– #1 Jazmine Payne 1B/LF – Jazmine has great range in the outfield and tracks the ball well. Her ability to cover ground allows her to be an asset in the OF for her pitcher. At the plate, she is a solid consistent hitter with great power and good pitch selection.
– #23 Hailey Gilder RHP/1B Velo: 55 – Hailey has great movement on her pitches. She uses all corners of the plate and is able to keep hitters off balance. She controls the game from the circle. At the plate, she has power, especially to the opposite field.
– #99 Miya Payne C/SS – Miya has great footwork behind the plate. She is quick and has a strong arm. She frames the ball well and helps her pitchers get borderline strikes.
Hanover Hornets Tilley
– #16 Brie Tyler RHP/1B Velo: 58 – Brie is a powerful pitcher who uses her rise and drop to command at bats. She is consistent on the mound. She brings her power to the plate as well, providing runs for her team with a strong swing.
Hit Doctor Elite
– #5 Taliyah Glover C/3B Pop: 2.27 – Taliyah is a solid catcher. She blocks well and has quick transfers. She is able to get rid of the ball quickly and go after runners. At the plate, she is powerful and consistent.
– #9 Sannah Sonnier LF/OF – Sannah is aggressive at the plate. She has gap to gap power and great plate presence. She appears confident and steady at bat. On the bases she has speed and uses it wisely as she has good base running instincts. She has a great arm from the outfield.
– #99 Virginia Milby LHP/OF Velo: 49 – Virginia has an effective screwball that she uses to attack righties. She works ahead in the count consistently. At the plate, she is a powerful, consistent hitter.
Hustle – Thompson
– #7 Callee Kramer RHP/OF Velo: 50 – Callee is able to attack hitters by mixing up speed and pitches effectively. She has a solid bat at the plate.
– #10 Abby Norris 1B/OF – Abby is a powerful hitter! She has a big stick and is able to drive in runs for her team.
– #12 Adanya Day 3B/OF – Adanya is very vocal on the field and always communicates with her teammates. She is a solid third baseman who makes plays and leads the infield.
– #8 Anna Riggleman SS/OF – Anna is a strong asset for her team in the field. She gets rid of the ball quickly, especially on the run. She has a smooth glove and fluid throw. Her transfers are extremely quick. She is able to back up her pitcher and her team with her defensive skill set. At the plate, she is powerful and came in clutch with a homerun for her team.
– #7 Hadley May C/2B Pop: 2.12 – Hadley is a very consistent hitter who is patient at the plate. She doesn’t chase anything out of the zone and stays composed in her at bats. Behind the plate, she frames the ball well and gets pitches called for her pitchers. She has a strong arm and gets rid of the ball quickly.
– #12 Lauren Harper RHP Velo: 58 – Lauren works both sides of the plate with confidence. She uses her change up effectively at the right times in the count (Velo: 40). She stays composed and focused when on the mound. She is very powerful at the plate and drives in runs in clutch situations.
– #32 McKenzie Carroll RHP/SS Velo: 56 – McKenzie has great movement on her pitches. She has a nasty change up that comes in at 35 MPH. She keeps hitters off balance and produces many mishits that her team can easily defend. At shortstop, she covers a lot of ground and gets rid of the ball quickly. She is agile and very athletic.
Shamrocks Softball 16u
– #1 Emory Shorts SS/2B – Emory is a consistent line drive hitter who has the ability to hit for power. She has good range on the field and good reads off the bat. She is able to cover a lot of ground and be an asset to her pitcher.
– #2 Halee Hawkins C/2B – Halee has good reads and takes good angles to balls off the bat. She is a gritty athlete and is willing to get dirty. Halee is solid, athletic, and has great field awareness.
South River Elite
– #12 Alyssa Smith CF/SS – Alyssa is a great athlete. She hustles on and off the field, tracks the ball well, has a phenomenal arm from the outfield. She makes on target throws consistently to home. She is a solid hitter at the plate.
– #52 Shannon O’Ferrall SS/C – At shortstop, Shannon is very aggressive and attacks the ball with smooth glove work. She is also quick and aggressive on the bases.
– #12 Alyssa Smith CF/SS – Alyssa is a solid athlete. She hustles on and off the field. Alyssa tracks the ball well and gets good reads off the bat. She has a very strong arm and makes consistent, on target throws to home from the outfield.
– #10 Hailie Street CF/LF – Hailie puts the ball in play no matter what the count. She is aggressive and selective at the plate and gets deep in counts looking for a pitch she can drive. She has good reads off the bat in the outfield and is able to cover ground with a good first step.
– #14 Mackenzie Cornell 3B/C – Mackenzie is an aggressive hitter. She is powerful at the plate and is a consistent bat for her team. On the field, she communicates and directs her infield. She has a quick glove at 3B and good footwork and glove work to the line.
-NO ROSTER DATA PROVIDED
– #16 Lilly Burns 3B/SS – Lilly is an aggressive fielder. She stays in control of her feet and body. She has a strong arm and good range. At the plate, she tracks pitches well.
– #33 Jenna Abel SS/2B – Jenna has smooth glove work and a strong arm. She works well to her glove side, has quick hands and transfers the ball smoothly. She remains calm and confident throughout the game.
– #42 Sammie Murphy CF/2B – Sammie is a great athlete with a great attitude. She has quick feet, speed on the bases, and has good base running instincts. She is will to get dirty and leave her feet to make a catch in the outfield.
– #99 Lilly Almand OF/C – Lilly is a consistent line drive hitter. She is aggressive at the plate but has a good eye and is patient with her pitch selection. She battles well and stays composed.
Virginia Legacy Elite 16u
– #15 Alexandra Griffin 2B/CF – Alexandra has power at the plate. She has a good swing and makes consistent solid contact. She is an asset to her team on the field as well. She has good fundamental glove work, is smooth and is able to cover ground.
– #34 Christina Butler C/1B Pop: 2.28 – Christina helps her pitches behind the plate. She works to frame and get close strikes called. At the plate, she is a contact hitter that can hit for power. She is a consistent force at the plate for her team.
– #0 Autumn Bailey C/2B – Autumn puts a really good swing on the ball and has power at the plate. She’s patient and waits for her pitch. She hit a homerun and consistently provides power for her team. She has natural instincts situationally behind the plate.
– #5 Lydia Landes 2B/RF – Lydia has speed and is able to steal bases for her team. She has a strong swing and her rhythm at the plate keeps her in at bats longer. She is able to time each pitcher and make good contact.
Virginia Stars Shankle
– #37 Elizabeth Ozark RHP/IF Velo: 53- Elizabeth is a strong consistent hitter who picks her team up at the plate. As a pitcher, she has a good presence on the mound and great situational instincts in the field.
Virginia Unity – Correa
– #4 Hannah Werth CF/RHP – Hannah is quick out of the box. She has great speed, good instincts and is aggressive on the base paths. She has a calm eye at the plate. She is a great leader on and off the field. Her effort on the field is outstanding.
– #14 Macey Moore C/3B – Macey has quick glove work and good reaction time at 3B. She makes heads up plays and is aware of the situations.
– #88 Rylee Franklin RHP/1B – Rylee makes good use of her curve, change up (Velo: 33), and drop ball. She has a strong stride off the mound.
Virginia Unity 16u – Sowa
– #23 Desiree Scott 2B/SS – Desiree is a gritty ball player. She uses her defensive skills to back her pitcher and support her team. She is aggressive and will get dirty. She is vocal and a leader of the infield.
18U Participating Teams
Ashburn Shooting Stars 18u Black
– #22 Taylor Cenate RHP/1B Velo: 58 – Taylor has a good softball IQ. At the plate, she has quick hands and is patient, waiting for the right pitch. She can hit according to the situation and it smart on the base paths.
-#32 Maria Kollar LHP/OF – Maria has good composure on the mound. She uses her curve effectively and paints the corners of the plate well.
– #44 Madelynn Bates 3B/RHP – Madelynn has good opposite field power at the plate. She goes with the pitch, has good speed as a base runner, and is smart on the base paths.
Ashburn Shooting Stars 18u Gold
– #7 Ashley Joy SS/OF – Ashley is aggressive on defense. She has a strong arm. Ashley is confident and consistent on the field. She has an athletic presence and is situationally aware.
– #27 Abby Arabia C/3B – Abby is an athlete. She is strong and has pop off the bat. She is patient at the plate, keeps her composure and has a demanding presence in the box. Behind the plate she works hard to frame and gets her pitcher close pitches. She has a strong accurate arm.
– #24 Courtney Carter SS/2B – Courtney has good lateral movements and she has a great arm. She makes strong accurate throws. She adjusts on the infield with runners on base on her own and has good field and situational awareness. At the plate she possesses a good swing with a fast bat and quick hands. She separates her hands when she strides and is explosive through the zone.
– #66 Samantha Wilcox 2B/OF – Samantha gets good reads on the ball and breaks to it on contact. She possesses good speed and is always ready to make the next play. She consistently moves to back up throws around the infield. Samantha has a very good arm and strong accurate throws.
Heartbreakers 18u Elite
– #32 Alexandra Karamihas RHP/1B – Alexandra is a tall first baseman who is very agile and athletic. She reads the ball before she extends to receive it and has a strong arm. At the plate, she has fast hands and generates a lot of bat speed. She stays within her legs and has a powerful back leg drive in her swing sequence.
– #9 Melanie Firestone RHP/3B Velo: 62 – Melanie has a dominating presence in the circle. She stays consistent and attacks the batters to get ahead in the count.
Lady Eagles – Williams
– #71 Raven Blair IF/OF – Raven is very athletic and can cover a lot of ground on the field. She has a strong arm and has good glove work to her backhand side. She works hard and makes plays in the hole to pick up her teammates and get out of tough situations.
– #94 Kirsten Greene RHP/1B Velo: 56 – Kirsten works hard on the field. She makes good plays at 1B picking up her teammates. She is a strong athlete who is aggressive on the bases. She has a good attitude and picks up her teammates.
Loudoun Storm 18u Cole
– #4 Annika Dunn RHP/1B Velo: 56 – Annika is a tall pitcher who has a great rise ball. She attacks the batters and showed ferocity striking out the side in the 1st inning of play. She has great control of her pitches and uses all parts of the zone. Annika has a solid swing and a good approach in the box. She makes solid contact consistently.
– #11 Amanda Daniels RHP/OF Velo: 55 Amanda spins the ball very well and hits her spots consistently. She remains very poised in the circle no matter what the situation is.
– #16 Rebecca Boone C/1B – Rebecca is strong behind the plate. She frames well and smoothly. She has a strong arm and quick release. Rebecca blocks well and has a quick reaction on finding the ball on foul tip.
Orion Hunter Elite – Gossman
– #14 Arianna Burford 1B/3B – Arianna has pure power in her swing. She is patient at the plate and has a great eye. She is a smart base runner and takes advantage of the other team’s mistakes. She is a great asset for her team offensively.
– #16 Nashyiah Branch OF/3B – Nashyiah is a very fast athlete with raw talent. She can track a ball really well. She has great character and is a team player. She catches the defense off guard with her bunts and runs the bases well.
– #26 Loren Hudson C/3B – Loren is a strong athlete. She has a quick transfer and quick release and has a quick release. Her throw downs are consistent and on target. Her set up is athletic and balanced and she frames well behind the plate. She has great hand eye coordination. At the plate, she goes with the pitch. She has a good eye and is selective. She is a strong athlete that knows the game and knows how to talk to her pitchers. She has good leadership skills and knows when to call time out and calm things down.
– #99 Cam Andersen RHP/1B Velo: 58 – Cam has good movement on her pitches. She has a good spin on her balls and uses her screw and rise effectively. She fields her position on the mound well. She makes good use of her change up (Velo: 47) and uses her legs well in her pitches. She hustles on and off the field and is a real athlete.
PA Ball Hawks
– #10 Gianna Dovell C/OF – Gianna puts a solid swing on the ball and has power to LF. She has a quick release behind the plate and consistently makes accurate throws to the corners for picks as well as to 2nd.
– #50 Breanna Harvey C/1B – Breanna is a strong athlete who has power. At the plate, she will go opposite field. She helps her defense out with her glove. She attacks the ball and has smooth glove work.
– #19 Covanna Bynum RHP/1B – Covanna has lots of spin on her ball. She moves the ball well and is able to work through counts and get outs. Her drop ball keeps hitters off balance.
– #32 Shannon Monahan C/1B – Shannon communicates very well on the field. She takes charge behind the plate. Her set up is athletic and balanced. She works hard on the field and makes things happen on the bases. At bat, she reads the pitches well and is very selective.
– #12 Morgan Johnson OF/3B – Morgan is a strong athlete with power at the plate. She makes adjustments pitch to pitch. Her approach at the plate allows her to stay confident and composed. She is quick on the base paths and uses her speed to gain advantage against the defense.
– #13 Ellen Palya RHP/1B Velo: 56 – Ellen has a tight spin on her pitches and a great curve ball! She mixes pitches well and keeps batters off balance. Ellen has a great attitude and presence on the field. She works hard at first base for her teammates and is very athletic.
– #33 Hannah Crabtree OF – Hannah has good placement with her slaps. She is very quick and light on her feet. She has a good eye at the plate and has quality at bats. She is very hard to get out.
– #34 Jiulia Mardigian SS/1B – Jiulia is vocal on the field and has good communication with her teammates. At the plate, she sees the ball well and makes good contact.
Team TFS – Newton
– #44 Taylor Sullivan RHP/CF Velo: 58 – Taylor has a good change that drops off at 44 mph. She commands the strike zone, working the ball vertically in zone and she can field her position too!
– #48 Sorie Scott RHP/SS – Sorie has fantastic leadership skills on the field. She communicates and QB’s the infield through situations. She is very athletic with a great arm! She has a good swing sequence and provides power from the ground up.
Titan Elite 18u – Shafer
– #15 Megan Webb LHP/1B Velo: 53 – Megan has good movement on the mound. She keeps her composure under pressure and is able to get herself out of a jam. She uses her spins to get mishits for her defense and keep batters off balance.
– #29 Ellie Post C/3B – Ellie is a vocal and confident leader on the field. She maintains calm in tough situations and makes heads up plays. Ellie battles at bat and consistently makes solid contact. She is a smart base runner who uses her speed and instincts to advance on the base paths.
– #3 Desirae Turner,RHP/SS – Desirae is aggrieve in the outfield. She gets good reads and gets to the ball quickly with a good first step. She consistently makes strong accurate throws. She is quick and smart on the base paths. On the mound, she spins the ball well. She has an athletic presence. She fields her position very well.
– #33 Dallas Basiner C/1B – Dallas is very vocal behind the plate. She blocks well and moves quickly to keep ball in front. She has a high softball IQ and leads her team through situations. She is very situationally aware.
VA Legends – Pence
– #9 Hailey Kortman C/OF – Hailey is solid behind the plate. She has quick transfers and consistent on target throw downs. She communicates well with her teammates and has a high softball IQ!
– #18 Saniya Jones 3B/2B – Saniya is a very strong defensive player. She has great fundamentals and a strong arm. She is very vocal and communicates well with her teammates.
Virginia Legacy Elite 18u
– #4 Jessica Pittman RHP/SS – Jessica has a great arm in the field. She has a very quick release, great first directional step, and excellent footwork around the base. She has situational awareness and communicates well to her teammates.
– #8 Anna Rodriguez SS/2B – Anna is very athletic. She is quick, has great lateral movement, and aggressively attack’s the ball. She has great a transfer of the ball when turning the double play, has a quick release, and a strong arm.
Virginia Stars Cassedy
– #0 Pressley Harris RHP/3B – Presley’s demeanor on the field was noticeable and complimented her other fielders well. She communicates and has a lot of energy on the field. She makes a great effort, has soft hands and a great glove.
– #4 Grace Drury SS/IF – Grace is a smooth fielder. She has a good first step and is aggressive to the ball. She gets good reads to off the bat and has very strong arm. She makes consistent, strong, accurate throws and makes plays effortlessly.
-#99 Amanda Holland OF/C – Amanda is a powerful catcher with a strong arm and a quick release. She blocks the ball really well and keeps the ball in front of her, especially with runners on base. She works for her pitcher and her effort on the field is evident
– #8 Samantha Denney LF/OF – Samantha hustles on and off the field. She covers a lot of ground in the outfield. She always backs up the play, is vocal, and a leader in the outfield.
– #14 Bailey Hairfield C/IF – Bailey is a strong catcher. She has a good arm, athletic presence behind the plate and is vocal. She is a great teammate and strong athlete.