University of Kentucky
Division: NCAA I
School Size: 30,000
Mailing Address: Lexington, KY 40506
Team Site: University of Kentucky Softball
Rachel Lawson –firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coach Lawson enters her ninth season with the Wildacts carrying a 276-199 record, 89-117 SEC
- In her time at Kentucky, Coach Lawson has lead UK to its first-ever appearance in the Women’s College World Series, three NCAA Super Regionals the last four seasons, and a program-best 50 wins in 2014
- Kentucky has made the NCAA Tournament each of the last six seasons, being one of just 21 schools nationally to do so
- Coach Lawson, who also serves as the pitching coach for the Wildcats, has guided three different pitchers to throw no-hitters against top-25 teams the last three seasons alone
- Kentucky has 12 career no-hitters, all of which have come under Lawson’s tenure
- In her eight years with the Wildcats two players have been named All-Americans, 27 have received All-SEC Honors, and 116 players have been named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll
- The Wildcats actively participate in community service programs around Lexington, logging over 1,500 hours since 2006 with eight players having been named to the SEC Community Service team
- Twenty-seven Wildcats have been honored with the Frank G. Ham Society of Character award, which is the highest honor any UK student-athlete can receive from the university
The Wildcats are 31-5 through the first half of the 2016 season
The Wildcats full 2016 schedule can be found here.
For more information on Kentucky Softball Camps, click here.
To fill out a recruiting questionnaire, click here.